Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Swiss Airlines Livery

There is lots of buzz in the airliners.net forums about a new plane design that Swiss Airlines is releasing on its 340 to San Francisco. It's a colorful design and clearly reflects San Francisco's "hippie" background. I personally love it, and appreciate seeing different designs on airplanes. As a somewhat avid plane watcher, it gets pretty boring to see one Delta plane over and over again, so anything new is exciting. Anyway, here are some photographs of this awesome design that won, as well as the alternatives that were offered to "20 Minuten online," a Swiss online newspaper. And the winner is:


As you can see, it's a fun design, with eyes over each door (and one poking out at the back!). Notice that it says "Zurich" right behind the wing as well. I think this one stood out as compared to the other candidates which were as follows:


Although I do like the flowers, I think the color combinations in the first alternative are horrible, and the second one is just ugly. Unfortunately, since I am on the East Coast, I will probably never get an opportunity to see this awesome plane, but I can't wait to see photographs on airliners.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment