Saturday, May 15, 2010

Emirates to fly A380 to JFK again!

Two days ago on May 13, Emirates Airlines announced that due to increased demand, the Airbus A380 will fly to JFK again! This is just after I posted how disappointed I was that it didn't fly here anymore. However, this does come just weeks after potential terrorist Faisal Shahzid boarded an Emirates plane despite being on a no-flight list. Mr. Shahzid purchased the green SUV that was found in Times Square on May 4. Anyway, Emirates will fly beginning in October.

Emirates currently has 8 A380s and has 50 more on order. That's just insane. And, just in case you didn't know how luxurious of an aircraft it is inside, take a look at these pictures:

This is the first class bathroom on board. With a shower. With two showers, in fact. There is also a spa, a lounge, work benches for business class, the seats, naturally, fold into beds, and there is a minibar. Plus power points everywhere. That's in first class, where you also have your own private suite. It clearly has every luxury you could possibly imagine that high in the air. The plane is also amazingly quiet for such a big machine. I usually end up falling asleep, like, as we're taxiing away from the runway so I'm usually pretty happy with a just a window seat.

The first A380 that Emirates acquired has 489 seats, with economy having 399 seats. The upper level of the plane has 14 first class seats and 76 business class seats. I cannot wait to get onto one of these things, and hopefully it will be soon - I flew on the Qantas 747 last year to get from Brisbane, Australia to Los Angeles, CA and I flew in business class, which was awesome. Outlets was probably one of the best features because I could watch whatever I wanted to without worrying about losing battery. Also, the inside of the plane had cute koala and kangaroo designs, which was a nice touch. The flight attendant also helped me get to sleep, as I got free alcohol. Which is always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment